Fits standard sized recipe cards.
- fun foam sheet in your favorite color
- hole punch,
- ribbon, string or wool
- optional decorations: fun foam shapes (we cut out our own), beads (we made our own paper beads)
- Cut a piece of fun foam 6 1/2 inches by 10 1/2 inches (17cm x 28cm).
- Fold the big foam piece so it's a 6.5 x 6.5 inch square (there'll be a 4 inch front and a 6.5 inch back).
- Punch four holes on either side.
- Tie a piece of wool, ribbon or string on the top of one side and lace the side. Repeat on the other side.
- To make lacing easier, fold a small piece of pipecleaner in a V shape and slip your ribbon or wool through there. Now squeeze the V shape shut and you'll have a pipecleaner "needle" to help you sew.
- Tie some beads onto the end of the ribbon.
- Glue or lace on some decorations (we cut a flower shape out of burgundy and a circle out of green. we punched holes in the shapes and through the holder, then we 'sewed' it all together with ribbon like you would sew on a button)
- Cut out a fun foam rectangle to make a little sign for the front of the recipe card... The children can print on it in black permanent marker ("love you Grandma!", "Grandma's make great cookies", "Mom's the greatest!", that sort of thing).
- Look at the 'decor' of the kitchen... for example, maybe it's decorated with dairy cows... paint your project to go with that decor (white with black spots for the dairy cow example).