These are simple and fun crafts for even the youngest children to do and of course, grandma Gloria loved the fact that a photo of Kaitlyn was the center of the muffin flower.
- a printer (or draw your own stem and leaves).
- a piece of paper.
- Two muffin cups (the paper cups you make muffins or cupcakes in) - we used one small and one large, but you could use two of the same size.
- Something the color with (paint, crayons, markers, etc).
- Small photo
- Colour the two muffin cups in different colours (they
will be the flower head).
- We used orange and yellow.
- This step should be first, especially if using paint, so it has a chance to dry while you're doing the other steps.
- Set aside to dry.
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Cut out the template pieces and colour if necessary.
- Fold a piece of construction paper in half to make a card.
- Glue the leaves and the stem onto the front of the card.
- Glue the two muffin cups onto the top of the stem
(one on top of the other) to form the flower.
- Flatten out the bottom cup a bit more than the top cup so you can see the petals.
- you can use more than two cups if you want... the more cups you use, the more petals your flower will have.
- Print "Grandma and Grandpa's love makes us grow!" on the card.
- You can decorate the card further by colouring in grass. Alternatively, you can use balled up pieces of green tissue paper as grass.
- Optional: Glue a photo into the center of the flower.
- Fill the inside of your card with hand drawn pictures, a photo, stickers
or a message to the person you're giving your card to.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP in most browsers).