Seeing all the new flowers pop up in spring is so amazing! But I also get a bit gloomy when I am stuck inside during the spring showers. With this craft you can still enjoy flowers while you're spending a day inside! Turn simple paper clips into adorable flower-shaped bookmarks to make reading even more fun!
This simple craft is a great for kids of all ages to let their creativity shine! The flowers can be coloured so many different ways. Younger kids can cut out the colour or black and white templates. Kids can also use the template pieces to trace flowers out of other paper, like scrapbook paper, construction paper, or even painted paper. I chose to cut my flowers out of a sheet of water color painted paper!
- paper clips,
- hot glue,
- cardboard (eg. old cereal box),
- OPTIONAL: colourful construction paper, scrapbook paper, water colour painting supplies, painting supplies
- Print out the flower template of choice.
- Make your flowers:
- Option 1: Cut out the template pieces. You will have to colour the B&W pieces.
- Option 2: Trace the template pieces onto fancy paper (construction or scrapbook paper) and cut out the flowers.
- Option 3: Use different painting techniques (like water colour painting) to decorate a sheet of paper. Then trace the template pieces onto the painted paper and cut out the flowers.
- Use a hot glue gun to secure the flowers to paper clips.
- Slide the paper clip onto a book page to secure your spot. Your little flowers will peek out the top of the book to cheer you on and remind you where you left off!
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).