It would also be nice for a class or daycare to make for a Halloween or Autumn party. They could parade around like flowers and sing flower songs/rhymes like "You are My Sunshine" or "Mary, Mary Quite Contrary".
It's fun to do with the sunshine mask too.
- a paper plate or a circle of cardboard (see the turkey wreath for how to make a circle of cardboard)
- construction paper.
- popsicle stick, tongue depressor or unsharpened pencil
- Print out the template or just cut out petal shapes from construction paper (we folded the paper in half and got 2 petals per page.
- You can decorate the petals with markers or sparkles to make the craft a bit more complicated.
- Have an adult cut the center out of the paper plate so the child's head becomes the center of the flower.
- Glue the petals all the way around the edge.
- Glue on a popsicle stick or unsharpened pencil as a handle (you might want to add a bit of tape to reinforce). We painted our stick green first.
- Now the child can peek through the flower!
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).