I was busily designing the "Buzzing Bugs" craft and realized that the flowers were a fun craft even without the bugs.
There's a handprint option and a construction paper petal option -- pick your favorite. You can also add a cute buzzing bug or two if you like!
- paper plate
- paint (poster paint, tempra paint or acrylic paint all work) -- green is nice, but other colors will work too
- paint brush.
- construction paper,
- Optional: yellow construction paper, felt or pom poms
- optional: gold or silver glitter or glitter glue
Viewer Suggestion: instead of a paper plate,
trace a plate onto a piece of cardboard or poster board and
use that as the center of the project.
Instructions - paper version:
- Paint the "bottom" of your paper plate: your paper plate has the side you'd eat from and the side you'd place on the table -- the bottom is the side you'd place on the table.
- Paint your plate a base color (green is nice!).
- Let dry.
- Trace petal shapes or handprints onto a pieces of construction paper.
- Cut out the petals/handprints.
- Glue them in circles around the plate .
- Using yellow construction paper, pom poms, felt or glitter make a circular center to your poinsettia