This simple craft is made with natural materials (leaves and a pinecone).
- Fall leaves
- eyes (wiggly eyes or paper)
- Go outside and collect autumn leaves and a pinecone (this is LOADS of fun, especially if it requires a trip to a park!)
- Optional: You can press the leaves for a few days before making the craft. This will help keep them from getting crunchy. We didn't do this for ours (we've had it about 2 weeks now and it still looks fine)
- Glue the leaves onto a piece of paper in a fan shape. Younger kids won't get a nice fan, but they'll still have lots of fun gluing!
- Glue the pinecone onto the bottom of the fan (use lots of glue)
- Make eyes from a scrap piece of paper and markers or use wiggly eyes. Glue them to the pinecone.
- Make an orange beak and a red wobbler from felt, construction paper or white paper and markers. Glue them onto the pinecone.
- Let dry and hang up!