This is a cute, simple paper Valentine's Day craft that results in a 3D heart decoration you can hang around the room.
- string, thread, ribbon or wool
- Optional: crayons (or paint, markers, etc)
- Print the three dimensional heart template.
- If making the black and white craft, color or decorate the hearts as desired.
- Cut out the template pieces (may require adult assistance and can be done before hand).
- Cut on one of the dotted lines right up to the center.
- Pick out the two matching hearts (this is good practice for young children!).
Slide the hearts together, top to bottom
all I have is the snowflake image to show you how it's done
- Glue a ribbon or thread onto the top (or hole punch a small hole and tie a ribbon through (I used a thread and it worked really well).
- instead of simply coloring the template, here are some thoughts
- red or pink sparkles or sparkle glue.
- Salt Drip
- 3 parts flour
- 1 part salt
- food coloring (red would be nice)
Mix together 3 parts flour, 1 part salt, food coloring, and enough water to make a dripping consistency but not too runny. Use a popsicle stick to drip onto paper shapes. Will dry hard and sparkly.
- grated chalk (take a piece of sidewalk or chalkboard chalk and rub it with course sandpaper to get chalk dust. Pour the dust over glue covered paper. Pink chalk would be nice.
- There are some brief instructions written right on the craft template.
- If you want your hearts to be two-sided, print two templates out and glue matching hearts together back to back. Do everything else as directed. This is what I did in the photo above.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).