Valentine's Day crafts are so much fun with all of the cute hearts! You can turn simple paper clips into adorable heart-shaped bookmarks to make reading even more fun!
This simple craft is a great for kids of all ages to let their creativity shine! The hearts can be coloured so many different ways. Younger kids can cut out the colour or black and white templates. Kids can also use the template pieces to trace hearts out of other paper, like scrapbook paper, construction paper, or even painted paper. I chose to cut my hearts out of a sheet of water color painted paper!
- paper clips,
- hot glue,
- cardboard (eg. old cereal box),
- OPTIONAL: colourful construction paper, scrapbook paper, water colour painting supplies, painting supplies
- Print out the heart template of choice.
- Make your hearts:
- Option 1: Cut out the template pieces. You will have to colour the B&W pieces.
- Option 2: Trace the template pieces onto fancy paper (construction or scrapbook paper) and cut out the hearts.
- Option 3: Use different painting techniques (like water colour painting) to decorate a sheet of paper. Then trace the template pieces onto the painted paper and cut out the hearts.
- Use a hot glue gun to secure the hearts to paper clips.
- Slide the paper clip onto a book page to secure your spot. Your little hearts will peek out the top of the book to cheer you on and remind you where you left off!
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).