Halloween is a very fun time that deserves some equally fun crafts! This adorable heart craft is especially neat because it changes colour! You can let your creativity shine with how you decorate the top plate and also with all of the different colours you use on the bottom plate. Once you are done with the craft you can turn the bottom plate around and watch the colours in the hearts change!
- a variety of colourful paints and paintbrushes (use your imagination and your favourite colours).
- two paper plates,
- brass paper fastener,
- Print out the template of choice. There are different shapes and sizes of hearts, so you can choose which hearts you want to use on your paper plate. The larger hearts will be easier for younger kids to cut out.
- Cut out the pieces.
- Paint the top of one paper plate with valentine's colours. Make it as colourful at you want.
- Paint the top of the second paper plate.
- I painted my plate plack with splatters of light pink. You can get as creative as you want with this part!
- Trace the hearts onto the second paper plate.
- IMPORTANT: Make sure the hearts are not in the very middle of the paper plate. Those pieces will be cut out later and can't be in the very center of the paper plate, otherwise the two plates won't be able to be attached with the brass fastener.
- Layer the paper plate so that the heart paper plate is on top of the colourful paper plate (with the bottoms up) so that you can see colours through the cut out hearts.
- Connect the two paper plates by sticking a brass paper fastener through the center and folding the two ends over.
- Now you can spin the bottom paper plate and as you spin it the hearts will change colours!
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Hearts Template (B&W)