I love winter when there are big fluffy snowflakes falling from the sky... and I also love crafts! This craft combines both things for a fun, simple, and decorative clothespin snowflakes craft. You can use the decorative clothespins to hang things up, like photos or notes.
This simple craft is a great for kids of all ages to let their creativity shine! The snowflakes can be coloured so many different ways. Younger kids can cut out the colour or black and white templates. Kids can also use the template pieces to trace snowflakes out of other paper, like scrapbook paper, construction paper, or even painted paper. I chose to cut my snowflakes out of a sheet of water color painted paper!
- OPTIONAL: colourful construction paper, scrapbook paper, water colour painting supplies, painting supplies
- Print out the template of choice.
- Make your snowflakes:
- Option 1: Cut out the template pieces. You will have to colour the B&W pieces.
- Option 2: Trace the template pieces onto fancy paper (construction or scrapbook paper) and cut out the snowflakes.
- Option 3: Use different painting techniques (like water colour painting) to decorate a sheet of paper. Then trace the template pieces onto the painted paper and cut out the snowflakes.
- Glue (or tape if you want it to be less permanent) the snowflakes to clothespins.
- Slide the clohtespins through some string so that you can hang it on the wall.
- Hang photos or notes from the snowflake clothespins for a lovely decoration.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).