Winter and crafts are possibly the two best things, so put those together and it can be a lot of fun! This creative way of making a winter scene craft out of paper plates gives the picture a 3D feel!
If you want a simple craft then print off the templates at the bottom of this page. Or if you are looking to make this craft more unique try using neat crafting supplies that you have around the home!
- two paper plates,
- construction paper (green and brown),
- paint (sky colour) and paintbrush,
- different household crafting supplies (like glitter, googly eyes, pompoms etc.) to decorate the paper plate and snowman
- glue (preferably school glue or hot glue),
- printer and plain paper,
- Optional: something to color with
- Paint the top of one paper plate with a sky and a snowy hill
- I did this by paint the majority of the pate blue but leaving a white lump near the bottom plain.
- You can paint the sky whatever colour you want (light blue for the day, dark blue or black for night time, or even orange for the sunset!)
- While the first paper plate dries take the second one and cut out a circle in the center.
- Now decorate the bottom of the donut shaped paper plate however you like!
- Try using different supplies like glitter glue, or wrapping or construction paper, or paint. I used a special glitter paper to decorate mine!
- Cut trees out of green construction paper.
- TIP: You can cut out multiple if you fold the paper in half a few times.
- TIP: The tree will be more symetric if you fold the paper in half one more time, trace half the tree shape along the folded edge, and cut out the shape.
- Cut little trunks out of brown construction paper and glue them to the trees.
- Flip the donut shaped paper plate over so that the top of the plate is facing up. Now use glue (if you use hot make sure to have an adults assistance and supervision) to attach the trees around the inside edge.
- Now create a little snowman out of crafting supplies:
- I like to use white pompoms, googly eyes, and a little orange macaroni for the carrot nose!
- You could also try using wool or glitter glue to create a scarf.
- Once your snowman is all constructed glue it to the painted paper plate at the top of the "snowy hill" and let it dry.
- Now finish off the craft by glueing the two plates together along the edges. It should look like a 3D scene with the trees up front and the snowman in the distance.
- OPTIONAL: If you feel like making a simpler version of this craft, use the templates we have provided below.
- Follow the instructions above, replacing the extra craft supplies with the coloured and cut out template pieces.
- The snowflakes are to decorate the donut shaped plate and the snowman and trees are for the winter scene.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).