My two favourite parts of winter? Decorating the house like a winter wonderland and warm and cozy things! Which is why I couldn't resist creating a cozy winter decoration out of homemade wool pom-poms!
- Follow our instructions for making wool pom-poms.
- When you tie the strands of wool together into your final pom-pom, leave that final piece of wool long.
- Make as many pom-poms as you would like for your decoration.
- Cut out a long piece of wool.
- The length of the string depends on how long you want your decoration to be. I chose to make several seperate strands of pom-pom decorations, so my length of wool was about 1 meter long. If you wanted to make a very long strand of pom-poms then you may need a much longer length of wool.
- Tie loop knots along the length of wool, wherever you want to attach a pom-pom.
- To tie a loop knot: pinch a section of string, wrap that doubled up section of string into a loop, and feed the pinched end into the center of the loop, tighten the knot.
- Try to make the loop smaller, so that the knot is less obvious once you attach the pom-pom.
- You should have two string hanging off each pom-pom. Take one of those strings and feed it through one of the loop knots.
- Secure the pom-pom onto the loop knot by tying a basic double knot.
- Now cut-off the extra length of the two pom-pom tails.
- Continue attaching pom-poms to each of the loop knots.
- Now you can hang up your wooly winter decoration! Here are some ideas:
- Create several strings of pompoms and hang them vertically.
- String the pom-poms vertically along a window, shelf, or top of the wall to create a cute border of wooly snowballs.
- String the wintery pom-poms around a christmas tree.