Fill with treats to give to the guests after a Halloween party or use it to hold a "hostess gift" for the person hosting the party.
You will need: something to colour with, scissors, glue, and paper (I prefer construction paper as it's a bit sturdier. I just chop it down a bit to fit in my printer).
Optional: green pipe cleaner, string, wool or ribbon.
- Print out the template of choice. There is a choice between a LARGE bag and a SMALL bag. Before you mass produce, you might want to make one of each to see which you prefer.
- If printing the B&W template, print it on orange construction paper to save coloring time and make a sturdier project. Then just color in the pumpkin face with black marker!
- You can also take 8 1/2 x 11 inch sheets to your local copy shop and have them blown up to 11 x 17 for about 50 cents per page. The paper they use is typically a bit sturdier than the normal printer paper.
- Cut out the template along the outside lines. Cut along the dotted lines (this will be the bag's bottom. Younger kids may need help with this (it can be pre-done prior to colouring).
- You need two large bag templates to make one large bag.
- Place both of the cut out templates before you, face up.
- Glue the template on the right onto the glue tab of the template on the left.
- You should now have one long piece of paper.
- See diagram to the right if you're confused.
- Continue on as if you were making a small bag (the directions are the same from here on).
- Imagine a line extending up from the dotted lines you cut. Fold along these imaginary lines, fold the GLUE tab and fold up the tabs for the bag's bottom
- Put glue on the glue tab (or tape) and glue it to the inside of the bag.
- Put glue on the tabs for the bags bottom and carefully press together.
- Attach a piece of green pipe cleaner, string, wool or ribbon to make a handle (or cut a piece of green construction paper for the handle).
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).