crafts > [Advent] [Angels] [Gifts] [Ornaments] [Other] [Reindeer] [Religious] [Santa and Elves] [Trees] [Wreaths]
This paper holly craft is very easy for young children to make and it turns out really cute. they love the little faces on the holly berries.
One template makes one berry and leaf. To make a cluster of two or three berries, print out or photocopy more templates.
- some crayons (or markers or paint),
Alternative FOR OLDER CHILDREN: Trace the template pieces onto craft foam (green for leaves, red for berries and white for eyes). Draw on details with black marker (center of leaves, outline of mouth and middle of eyeballs). This will turn the craft into a nice wall hanging that they can give to grandma/grandpa or teachers.
SUGGESTION FROM A VIEWER: I love the Christmas holly craft on your website.
We are going to score down the middle of the holly leaves for a three dimensional effect and use little red pompoms for the faces.
Once that is done we add little boggle eyes to make a really animated version of this craft. Made into long wreathes they will look gorgeous hung from our mantle.
We are also going to use them as gift tags. Well done on a great website.
Vanessa from Western Australia
- Print out the template of choice (color or B&W).
- Colour or paint the template pieces.
- Cut out the template pieces (may require adult assistance, but they're pretty quick to cut out).
- Glue the berry onto the leaf and the face to the berry (the eyes can stick up over the top of the "head" a bit).
- If you're making multiple berries, glue the leaves together first and then all the berries on top.
- You can add the child's name and the year onto one of the leaves or on the back.
- You can glue this craft onto large butcher paper or plain wrapping paper to make personalized gift wrap or onto the front of a large piece of construction paper to make a card.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).