I'm working on posting a photo of the finished craft, but for now you'll have to use your imagination by looking at the template pieces.
When affixing the characters, you can put them in order if you like: Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Sheep, Monkey, Rooster, Dog and Pig.
- a big paper plate (supper size).
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Colour pieces, as necessary.
- Cut out the 12 characters. This step may require adult assistance and can be done prior to making the craft with the children. I didn't actually try to cut out the shapes perfectly -they're pretty fiddly. I just cut circles out around each character.
- Cut the center out of the paper plate to leave a round "donut" shape. This will form the base of the wreath.
- Optional: You may paint it a background color if you like (red or gold/yellow would work nicely). Having said that, the figures take up 100% of the space, so you won't really see the color.
- Paste the characters onto the paper plate.
- You can tie a bow and paste it on to decorate further.
- You can put a piece of yarn on the back to hang it.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).