DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Crayon Easter Eggs
This project combines a child's artistic skills with regular Easter
egg dying techniques. You can use store bought dye or the home
A friend may need to hold!
- hard boiled egg(s)
- wax crayons (the waxier the better... in this case cheap crayons are
better than crayolas)
- Easter Egg dye: store bought dye or home
- Draw pictures or designs with wax crayon. Even white wax crayon
will be useful for this project.
- Dip in dye.
- Let dry.
- The dye won't soak through the crayon! I find cheap crayons work
best for this project (crayolas don't have quite enough wax in them
though they do work ok).
- An adult may need to help hold the egg while the child draws their
pictures on it... at least the first time until they get the hang of