more crafts: [Baskets] [Bunnies] [Chicks] [Eggs] [Lambs] [Religious] [Wreaths]
It's fun to wrap different textures of cloth around the eggs to experiment with how they turn out. We found that cheese cloth worked the best for us.
- hard boiled egg(s)
- store bought dye (food coloring + vinegar works well!)
- cheese cloth or nylons
- string or twist tie
- Mix dye according to package directions.
- Cover the eggs tightly with cheese cloth or nylons. Tie with string or twist tie.
- Dye eggs as directed on dye package.
- Let dry.
- When you remove the nylons, you'll have a splotchy stone look to the eggs
Optional: before wrapping in the cheese cloth, dip the cheese cloth into a darker dye color. Wring out and then wrap the egg. Dye eggs with a lighter dye color.