This is the perfect simple project for an Aunt with a fancy house who isn't used to visiting rugrats or a daycare full of eager toddlers. It's much less risky (for clothes, furniture and rugs) than setting out bowls of dye *grin*.
Bright, new tissue paper works the best.
photo of the egg after the
paper has fallen off
- hard boiled egg(s)
- squares of tissue paper in many different BRIGHT colors (1 1/2 inch
squares are about right)
- must be fresh tissue paper... not the old, ratty, recycled 200 times tissue paper I usually use for crafts *grin*
- Spritzer of water or bowl of water
- Spritz or dip egg in water (get it all wet).
- Pick up squares of tissue paper one at a time and lay around the egg. Feel free to use different colors and to overlap them.
- Spritz with water again if the tissue paper didn't get completely wet.
- Set aside in a bowl or margarine container to dry.
- When the egg dries, the tissue paper will fall off, but the pretty colors will stay behind. It gives something of a stained glass look to the eggs.