Any of you who enjoy scrapbooking or card making have likely made some variation of this craft. It's also very similar to our heart poppy paper craft.
Construction paper works just fine, but you can use patterned scrapbooking paper or giftwrap if you happen to have some.
- Optional: something to color or paint with
- Print out the template of choice or cut out your own heart shapes from construction paper.
- Colour or paint (where appropriate). These are nice big template pieces which give the opportunity to use creative painting styles (for example, flicking green paint with a toothbrush or fingerpainting.)
- Cut out the template pieces.
- Glue together the four large hearts to form a four leaf clover (the points should all face towards the middle of the clover).
- Glue the stem to the bottom of the clover.
How to Cut a Heart from Construction Paper:
- Fold the construction paper in half.
- Imagine the fold as the center of the heart and cut a swooping half heart shape from the paper. If doing this for the first time, it can help to draw the half heart onto the paper before cutting.
- Unfold and you'll have a perfectly symmetrical heart!
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).