This is a fun craft to do with the entire extended family. The child can hand a slip of paper (tail piece) to each family member and ask them to write what they are thankful for. After everyone has made their contribution, the child can assemble the turkey.
- a printer,
- glue, and
- something to colour with.
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Colour (where appropriate).
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require adult assistance. I usually let my youngest cut the large pieces (like the tail pieces) and I cut out the more complicated pieces (like the wings).
- Print what you're thankful for on one of the pieces of the tail.
- You can have everyone in the family fill out a strip and print their name on the back of the strip.
- Children can imagine what family members who aren't able to contribute might be thankful for and add those (ex: baby brothers, pets, special stuffed toys).
- Glue the pieces together:
- Glue the head onto the body.
- Glue the wobbler under the beak.
- Glue the "Give Thanks" sign onto the front of the body.
- Glue the wings onto the body.
- Glue the tail pieces behind the body
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).