This makes a good craft for a Thanksgiving party. It's fairly quick to do if you do the first four steps prior to the party. Then let the party-goers glue on their own turkeys, use stickers and sparkles to decorate, and inscribe their names.
"Here is a suggestion for the napkin rings. Turkey races! Have the kids put a large marble in the TP roll and then they can race their wobblers around the house. It would work great with any kind of napkin ring. We have a lot of fun with this at our house."
- toilet paper roll,
- piece of paper.
- glue, and.
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the rectangular piece onto the tp roll.
- Cut the tp roll into 4 pieces along the dotted lines.
- Trace four handprints onto coloured construction paper. Glue the turkey body into the center of each and attach to the tp roll pieces.
Alternative Decorating Ideas:
- Use stickers, sparkles, sparkle glue, or felt to decorate the napkin ring further.
- Use a marker to inscribe the name of the guest on each napkin ring.
- Print the black and white template on construction paper. Print a second copy on white paper and mix & match the pieces.
- Set your page margins to zero (FILE, PAGE SETUP on most browsers) so the templates print out fully.
- Close template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).