DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Winter Word Ladders
© by Leanne Guenther
Lewis Carroll, the writer of Alice in Wonderland, invented this word
game. It's a terrific exercise for grade school children -- fun
- Print out the template and complete the word ladder listed based on the
- There are three versions of each word ladder -- the hard version has none of
the ladder filled in, the medium version has two letters of each word filled
in and the easy version has three letters of each word filled in.
- Change one letter of the word for each rung of the ladder to form a new
word -- the clues will help you figure out what the word should be.
- Complete all of the rungs of the ladder to complete the puzzle!
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Puzzle: Warm to Cold
Word Ladder template - hard
Word Ladder template - medium color
Word Ladder template - easy
Printable version of these instructions