DLTK's Christmas Crafts for Kids
Contributed by Heather, Age 12 (Thanks Heather!)
I've seen your website and tried out a few of the ideas and they are great I really enjoyed making them.
I have an idea that maybe you could add to your website. You may want to change the wording on the instructions to make it easier to understand for younger children. I made it at a Christmas crafts club at school last year and it was really successful.
- 1 curtain ring
- brown wool
- 1 needle
- 2 shades of brown felt
- 1 red pompom (for the nose)
- 2 googly eyes
- 1 safety pin
- Cut your brown wool into strips of about 15cm (you will need lots of strips!).
- Fold the a strip of wool in half and place on the back of the curtain ring push the two ends through the loop and pull tight.
- Continue to do this until the curtain ring is completely covered in wool(remember to push the loops of wool up close together for a better effect).
- Use the needle to separate the strands of thread on each strip of wool (this may take a long time but makes it look much better).
- Cut a shape for the reindeers head out of the dark brown felt and antlers from the light brown felt.
- Glue the antlers to the head and then the head to the curtain ring.
- Glue the googly eyes and pompom on to the face.
- Attach the safety pin to the back and you have a groovy reindeer badge!
Printable version of these instructions