crafts > [Advent] [Angels] [Gifts] [Ornaments] [Other] [Reindeer] [Religious] [Santa and Elves] [Trees] [Wreaths]
This is a cute craft of Santa in his pj's wearing his fluffy reindeer slippers. The kids will get a kick seeing what Santa looks like when he gets ready for bed. It's a good craft to hang up in their bedrooms.
My girls liked the fact that the Santa Claus paper craft looks the same as the Sleepy Santa Craft -- we have Sleepy Santa hanging in the bedroom and Santa Claus hanging by the fireplace. They liked the candy-cane suspenders too *grin*.
- a printer,
- a piece of paper,
- some crayons, paint, markers or pencil crayons,
- scissors, and
- Print out the template of choice.
- There is a choice between a large Santa (3 templates) or a small Santa (1 template). I prefer the large version, but it takes more paper and ink.
- You also have a choice between making Santa hold a cookie or making him hold a "Twas the Night Before Christmas" book.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- To glue together:
- Glue reindeer slippers onto the bottom of the large body piece.
- Glue the cookie or "Twas the Night Before Christmas" book (depending on which you choose) onto the tummy.
- Glue the arms so the shoulders line up with the top of the body piece and the hands overlap the cookie or book.
- Glue the head onto the top of the body.
- On the large templates, the head is in a few different pieces. Glue the round face on first.
- Add the beard and mustache.
- Glue the hat/hair on last.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Small Template (choose one of the following):
Large Template (takes three pages):