Every dad needs a paperweight on their desk...right!
Here are a couple of simple designs that we made. Feel free to get creative with a design of your own.
The first step is to find a suitable rock. We had some smooth, flat, decorative rocks that we used for our project but you could head outdoors to find the perfect stone for your project.
Be sure to cover the kids in some old clothes too because the acrylic paint does not wash out. Give yourself some time to paint and decorate the rock. It took two or three coats for our rocks which is not too bad since the paint only takes a few minutes to dry.
- acrylic paints
- fine black marker
- paint brush
- Optional: glitter glue, wiggly eyes...
- Paint the rock as you like. Be creative.
- It may take a couple of coats to cover the rock but acrylic paint dries pretty fast so it should not be a problem.
- Once the paint is dry you can decorate further with glitter glue, wiggly eyes of whatever you can dream up.
- Print the words on the rock with a fine black marker.