(including printable "picture" recipe cards)
I included the Chocolate Soda because that's what the girls like to drink, but if you really want a drink for "the mommy" I think a Strawberry Smoothie is a much better choice.
This drink is low in fat, high in flavour and rich in vitamins. (to all of my American friends out there, I finally broke down and started spelling color without the "U" so you could find things with the search feature, but I still spell flavour the "right way" *grin*)
The frozen fruit makes the drink nice and slushy. If you don't have frozen fruit, subsitute 1/2 cup of ice for 1/2 cup of the apple juice.
You can add 1 Tbsp of ice cream or frozen yogurt if you like, but I prefer it without.
(this is the same recipe as on the cards, but in writing only... I thought some folks might like to preview it).
- 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 sliced frozen ripe banana
- 1 cup apple juice
Peel and slice the banana (if it isn't already).
Put strawberries, banana and apple juice into a blender.
Optional: Add 1 Tbsp vanilla ice cream.
Blend and pour into a glass.
Materials to make the cards:
- tape or glue.
- Optional: something to color with (if you use the B&W version)
- Optional: thin cardboard or index card
- Optional: clear contact paper (you can purchase at the office supply store. It's $5 Cdn for a big tube of it where we live)
Instructions for making the cards:
- Print out the template of choice. I like to print it on a heavy paper (I always cut the edges off of construction paper to make them 8 1/2 x 11 and use that).
- Cut out the template along the outside line. (if you accidentally cut down the middle it isn't a big deal since we'll be gluing the two halves together anyways).
- Fold down the middle to make a 4 x 6 card.
- Optional: cut a 4x6 piece out of thin cardboard (old cereal boxes!) and slide between the two halves of the recipe card.
- Glue or tape the halves together.
- Optional. Cover both sides with clear contact paper to make the recipe card last longer.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP in most browsers).