St. Patrick's Day crafts are so much fun with all of the cute shamrocks! You can turn simple paper clips into adorable St. Patrick's day themed bookmarks to make reading even more fun!
This simple craft is a great for kids of all ages to let their creativity shine! The shamrocks and pot of gold can be coloured so many different ways. Younger kids can cut out the colour or black and white templates. Kids can also use the template pieces to trace the shapes out of other paper, like scrapbook paper, construction paper, or even painted paper. I chose to cut my shamrocks out of a sheet of water color painted paper!
- paper clips,
- hot glue,
- cardboard (eg. old cereal box),
- OPTIONAL: colourful construction paper, scrapbook paper, water colour painting supplies, painting supplies
- Print out the shamrock template of choice.
- Make your shamrocks:
- Option 1: Cut out the template pieces. You will have to colour the B&W pieces.
- Option 2: Trace the template pieces onto fancy paper (construction or scrapbook paper) and cut out the shamrocks.
- Option 3: Use different painting techniques (like water colour painting) to decorate a sheet of paper. Then trace the template pieces onto the painted paper and cut out the shamrocks.
- Use a hot glue gun to secure the shamrocks to paper clips.
- Slide the paper clip onto a book page to secure your spot. Your little shamrocks and pot of gold will peek out the top of the book to cheer you on and remind you where you left off!
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).