|Submitted By:||Jennifer Bichard||
|Materials Required:||BODY: old plain yellow t-shirt, black fabric, thread, needle, batting or newsprint
ANTENNA: 1 headband, 4 pipecleaners, 2 styrofoam balls
WINGS: (I made wings, as described on this web site)
Face makeup (store bought or home made)
1. cut strips of black fabric approx. 2-3 inches thick and sew them on to the shirt horizontally starting from the bottom and evenly spaced.
2. cut a triangle piece of black fabric, sew along the longer edge turn in side out stuff with batting and attach to bottom of shirt.
1. twist 2 pipe cleaners around a pencil or pen
2. attatch to headband
3. repeat step 1 and 2(for other antenna)
4. add a styrofoam ball to the ends of the pipecleaners (optional)
I followed the simple instructions from the website, under costume props
OPTIONAL: Paint face yellow and add a black nose and some black around the eyes
If you are having trouble finding the pieces for the costume in the store, or if you like sewing parts of your own costumes, check out these ideas:
1) Make your own tunic shirt from yellow material with black stripes (you can use black material or black electrical tape to make the stripes)
2) Make homemade makeup
3) Make a skirt from black material.
4) In colder climates especially, make a cloak from yellow material with black stripes (you can use black material or black electrical tape to make the stripes). You can wear this overtop of a warm jacket. The pattern does not require sewing.
|Comments:||My daughter wore a yellow hooded sweatshirt and black sweatpants, under her costume it kept her nice and warm as well as added to the outfit with a black legs and a yellow head :)|